These terms & conditions are not exhaustive and you should inform yourself of any particular terms & conditions that may apply to any individule show/event at the time of entry. Terms & Conditions pertaining to individule show/events will be printed on the specific entry form
NSWPCA shows/events are run in acordance with WPCS & any other society rules that the NSWPCA affiliate to
1. HORSE RIDING IS A DANGEROUS SPORT AND YOU PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK
2. The committee reserves the right to cancel or amalgamate classes in the event of insufficient entries.
3. All entries must be registered or eligible for registration in the Welsh Stud Book or appropriate Breed Society. Registered
numbers must be stated, including the numbers of the sire and dam, before the entry is accepted.
4. The Committee reserves the right to refuse an entry. Entries must include the correct fee to be accepted. Cheques that are
not honoured by the bank may result in suspension of membership or refusal of future entries to Association events.
5. Entry fees are non refundable under any circumstances
6. Exhibitors must not enter an animal in any Show when that animal will be judged by a person who has or has had a financial
interest in that particular exhibit.
7. Exhibitors are requested to note the timetable, animals must be forward in time. Classes will not be held if exhibitors are
entered in more than one class
8. Where an animal is entered in more than one class, the Committee take no responsibility if a clash occurs. Latecomers will
ONLY be admitted to the ring at the discretion of the Judge and the Head Steward
9. Stallions and Colts: A stallion is accepted as such when 4 years of age. Colts may be licensed from 1st January of their second
year. In the interest of safety all stallions and colts, 2 years old and over must be suitably bitted and led by a handler that has
attained their 14th birthday before 1st January of the current year. Stallions may not be ridden by a Junior who has not
attained their 12th birthday by 1st January in the current year for Welsh Sections A & B or their 14th birthday by 1st January in
the current year for Welsh Sections C & D.
10. The Judge’s decision is final.
11. The Committee or any of its assistants or stewards will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may happen
to exhibitors or their assistants or other members of the public, or to any animal or property or to any vehicle brought into the
Showground or leaving the same under any circumstances.
12. All animals must be sound. If in the opinion of the Judge, an animal is considered to be unsound, the exhibitor will be given
the option of withdrawing the exhibit from the class or asking that the official veterinary surgeon examine the animal. If no
veterinary surgeon is available, the Judge’s decision is final.
13. Any animal found to be suffering from a contagious or infectious disease is to be removed from the Showground
immediately at the request of the Show Committee.
14. Objections MUST be made in writing within thirty minutes of the event concerned and lodged with the Show Secretary
together with the sum of £25. Objections will be referred to the Complaints Committee which will return the £25 if the
objection is upheld.
15. Correctly secured British Standard Skull Caps/Riding hats to current safety standards must be worn by riders at all times.
16. The safety of all children showing animals is the full responsibility of their parent or guardian.
17. Trophies are perpetual and the winner of any trophy or cup is responsible for its safe return to the Show Secretary in time
for the following year’s show. All trophies remain the property of the Association and must be signed for.
18. The Committee reserves the right to substitute a judge at short notice if conditions warrant.
19. Bad language and/or abusive behaviour towards people or animals will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from
20. The use of any artificial aid (e.g. plastic bags, excessive use of whips, drinks cans etc.) to excite an animal being shown is
not acceptable and should not be used at any NSWPCA show.
Conditions of Membership
Membership is payable 1st Janruary annually at the following rates: Single £10 | Joint £12 | Family/Group £15
Joint or family membership: must reside at the same address
Group: Available for those engaged in the production of horses/poines for others, livery yards, riding schools ect and need not reside at the same address
Members are expected to conduct themelves in a manner that will not bring the NSWPA into disrepute and to adhere to our Social Media Policy & general terms & conditions including the conditions attached to being the recipient of any NSWPA trophy which may be seen here
Benefits of Membership
reduced entry fees to all our shows and events
automatically receive email schedules
free to advertise on our website
members performance scheme
eligable to sit on committee
eligable to vote at AGM
A copy of the NSWPCA constitution is available here including the NSWPCA disciplinary procedure
Social Media and Internet Policy
No Member of The North of Scotland Welsh Pony & Cob Association (NSWPCA) shall conduct him or herself in a manner or be
guilty of behaviour which is derogatory to the character or prejudicial to the interests of The NSWPCA and in particular (but without prejudice to the generality to the foregoing) no Member shall behave in an abusive or unpleasant manner to any person at any
show or at any other location where NSWPCA business is being transacted or via social media or the internet or via any publication in whatever format or via any other written or electronic format.
The NSWPCA acknowledges the importance of the internet and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, home web-pages, chat rooms, messaging services and all other forms of electronic communication and the role that “social media” plays in the day to day lives of members. This policy note is to remind members that the Rules of The NSWPCA apply to members when using social media and the internet. Failure to adhere to this policy note could lead to disciplinary action being taken against a member.
Using social media
1 You should be aware that The NSWPCA may from time to time carry out internet searches to identify postings which include references to The NSWPCA and its members.
2 Images produced by The NSWPCA are the subject of copyright and should not be copied or used in social media save as provided in The NSWPCA website user terms and conditions.
3.You should ensure that any material that you transmit or post to social media is clearly stated to be your personal view and is not held out to be, or could be mistaken as, the view of The NSWPCA.
4 You must not post or transmit any material which could damage the name or reputation of The NSWPCA, its members or former members, or which is derogatory to the character of or prejudicial to the interests of The NSWPCA.
5 You must not post or transmit any material relating to The NSWPCA, members or former members or their horses or ponies, or their business or private lives or which could otherwise be associated with or which may reasonably be attributed as coming from The NSWPCA:
a. that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance,distress or inconvenience; or
b. Which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be in breach of the NSWPCA rules, orconstitutes a criminal offence, or which could give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the laws of, or infringe the rights of any third party in, the UK or any other country in the world.
c. Any breach of this policy may constitute a breach of The NSWCA rules and could also lead to civil and/or criminal proceedings being brought against you.
d.. Disclosure under law or regulation You should be aware that The NSWPCA will fully co-operate with any law
enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing The NSWPCA to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of this policy. If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information, The NSWPCA is entitled to do so.